Panzer Tracts No.3-2: Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.E, F, G and H
For Panzer Tracts No.3-2, the team spent 38 years unearthing original records in public and private archives in addition to hundreds of visits to museums to create this penultimate history of a winner – the Panzerkampfwagen III variants used to win the 1939 to 1941 campaigns.
Survivors were accurately measured in detail and drawn at full scale to create as-built drawings for the first time – accurate to the same tight tolerances demanded of the original assembly firms. Thousands of hours went into sorting out the defining features for each Ausführung and when significant modifications were introduced.
The authors chose to use 1/10th scale drawings to illustrate the smallest details, while six-view (including right side and belly) 1/35th scale drawings are still used for the complete Pz.Kpfw.III. 60 photos and 31 pages of drawings illustrate this 84-page book.
- Zugführerwagen (Z.W.) Development
- Pz.Kpfw.III (3.7cm) (Sd.Kfz.141) Ausf.E
- Pz.Kpfw.III (3.7cm) (Sd.Kfz.141) Ausf.F
- Pz.Kpfw.III (3.7cm) (Sd.Kfz.141) Ausf.G
- Z.W.38 (Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.E, F & G) Umbewaffenung Programm
- Pz.Kpfw.III (5cm) (Sd.Kfz.141) Ausf.H