Endkampf um das Reichsgebiet 1944-1945 book by Axel Urbanke. Revised edition.
160 pages, with rare and previously unpublished photographs, Endkampf portrays the battles to defend the frontiers of the Reich.
The 186 photographs, 23 in colour, are all operational photos from the German side and not Allied postwar photos. Most were taken by German soldiers during the final battles and thus represent unique photographic documents because at this time photographic film was difficult to obtain and photography rare. The black-and-white photos are enhanced by three rare colour photos, also taken during the fighting. The photographs, accompanied by extensive and detailed text and maps, are reproduced to the highest possible standard on high-quality gloss paper.
The book supplied will have a German cover, but the content of all Luftfahrtverlag-Start’s books is dual English & German.
Author: Axel Urbanke
Photos: 186 black & white, 23 colour photos, 13 maps
Physical: Hardcover, 290x245mm, landscape
- Nemmersdorf and Goldap, the Russian drive across the East Prussian border
- From Königsberg to Pillau – Fighting Withdrawal in Samland, East Prussia April 1945 (Panther photos)
- The 1st Marine-Schützen-Division actions at the Oder in the Zehden Bridgehead in February 1945
- The fighting in Silesia in spring 1945 (Panther photos)
- The battle for Fortress Breslau
- Actions by the ‘Hermann Göring’ Fallschirmpanzerkorps at Bautzen and Görlitz in April 1945 (Panther photos)
- The Führer-Begleit-Division in the fighting in Lauban (Panther photos)
- The SS-Freiwilligen-Brigade ‘Wallonien’ and the 4th SS-Polizei-Division in the Battle for Pomerania
- SS-Panzer-Jäger-Abteilung 560 z.b.V. in action at the Oder (Hetzer photos)
- The action against the Russian Bridgehead over the Oder at Küstrin and ‘Fortress Küstrin’ (Panther and Hetzer photos)
- Heiligenbeil and Oxhöfter Kämpe – the fight about the pockets of the Haff and the Danziger-Bucht