Thanks for another welcome edition of Pz Wrks. The “old hare” Pz IV hybrid Ausf. F2 (Ausf.G) on page 70, 71 also appears on Page 5.
1. Steel return rollers, (rare on this Ausf.)
2. The back-folded 8mm turret schürzen with AP round damage.
3. Spare track lying across the side fender.
4. Twisted rear side fender section.
5. Turned up front fender.
6. Main gun at maximum elevation.
7. Open engine access hatch (GI holding handle).
The page 5 photo was taken first, then later moved off the side of the road, to the page 70/71 location.
Our thanks to Randy for bringing this match-up to our attention. You’re hired, Randy!